Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I like Hooks

This is the re-design of the old sailor from one of my pitches called A Sailors Tale. i love playing with curves and sharp edges when I'm designing a character. I'm going to draw some more using this technique. You gotta love that UPA style.Aww and this handsome fellow is for the short I'm currently working on right now called MONSTER P.D.: All Monsters Attack. It takes place in the future with a 1940's style thats why he's wearing the paper boy hat.

Miguel

9 comments:

Unknown said...

great characters mate! I really like the style.

Joel Martinez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joel Martinez said...

yes, you do have to love it. death to all who don't love UPA! death!

good stuff mac. keep it up. peace

Alexandre Augusto Ferreira said...

Amazing design!!Great drawings and blog!!

Jamal O said...

Cool designz!

Tony Mendez said...

Hey Miguel, heard your working full time! Congrats man! How are things going for you so far there, and where are you working at? That old sailor character keeps developing into something more sexier and snazzier. Same goes for all your designs. I have no idea why this is, but I'm caught into this real world episode, i was flipping through channels and this one dude, Joey is going nuts! haha, could it be scripted? I guess he was drinking, i didn't catch the whole thing. Geez, he is pissed! Peace.

Unknown said...

cool design!

Ryan Khatam said...

pirates are funny

Arthur Mirzoyan said...

Miguel your pirate (especially Captn) is so perfect! Very harmonic shapes and colors! Good luck man!